Withernsea High Schools’ ethos is based on high aspirations, expectations and achievements for all. We exist to provide high quality teaching and learning experiences in a supportive and caring environment situated at the heart of our local community.
Withernsea High School:
* Ensures that high aspiration, expectation and achievement are at the core of all that we do
* Recognises and celebrates success
* Focuses on providing excellence in teaching and learning
* Offers a wide range of learning experiences
* Provides a safe, healthy and inclusive school community
* Ensures a strong sense of community between staff, our learners, parents, local communities and partners
* Provides strong pastoral care where every student is known, supported and guided
These aims are under-pinned by the following values.
* Respect for self, others, school expectations, and the environment
* Unwavering belief that every person can make a valuable contribution
* Responsibility for self, others and the community we serve
* Embracing individual diversity whilst creating a sense of belonging (being different, belonging together)
* Integrity exemplified through positive communication in words, gestures and deeds between all members of our community
Inspiring all to be lifelong learners through challenging and engaging learning opportunities