Year 7

Withernsea High School 4 - 3 Hornsea School

The Year 7 team bounced back from a disappointing but hard fought defeat against Hessle the previous evening, securing their passage through to the next round with a superb 4 - 3 success. They looked tired after the previous nights' exploits and fell behind inside the first ten minutes.  Brad Walsh equalised for Withernsea but by half time Hornsea had regained the advantage and led 2 - 1.  Some stern half time words and a bit of a shuffle brought quick dividends with Brad Walsh scoring two super goals in the first six minutes of the second half to put Withernsea in front. Skipper Adam Jobling then hit a speculative thirty yarder that ended up in the back of the net to give Withernsea a 4 - 2 lead. Hornsea were a good side and continued to fight back, scoring with a long range screamer of their own that Dearing had no chance with. They also had a late penalty appeal turned down with the referee adjudging the foul had occurred a good yard outside the box.  Withernsea held strong to win 4 - 3 and go into the second round draw. Man of the Match: Brad Walsh.


Year 8

Withernsea High School 4 - 1 Hornsea School

Hornsea's Year 8 side took an early lead with a well worked move despite James Medcalf getting a hand to the ball. Withernsea showed positive attitude again to keep playing football and got back into game when Callum Dean equalised. The same player passed up a few more opportunities before half time to extend the lead. One chance hit the post when it looked easier to score. Hornsea started the second half stronger but the defence, marshalled well by Ben Lindgren and Barney Morley, held firm. Withernsea, again started to gain control in midfield where Dale Mason was excellent in only his second 11 a-side game. Tom Faulkner was causing lots of problems and his through ball to Callum Dean set the striker away to make it 2 - 1. Soon it was 3-1 with the Hornsea keeper making an amazing save from Dean and then blocking Faulkner’s follow up on the line. It was left to Billy Frith to find the corner from just inside the area. The fourth goal was finished by Callum Dean for a well-deserved hat-trick. Alex Fellows found Dean with a superb pass and the striker rounded the keeper before rolling the ball into an empty net to seal a super win. Excellent attitude from all players throughout.
Man of the Match: Dale Mason


Year 10

Withernsea High School 2 - 1 Hornsea School

The Year 10 side took an early lead through a clinical finish from Sam Feeney and doubled their advantage just before half time when Josh Biglin tapped in from close range after a deflection. Hornsea hit back when their right winger set off on a mazy run. There looked no danger but he cut in, carried a few challenges and smashed the ball past Evison.  The second half was end to end but no further scores as Cross and Foster stood firm at the back.  A solid performance from a smashing set of lads. 
Man of the Match shared between Jack Cross and Jed Foster

Match reports by Mr Page - Head of Sport