Learning a language is an important life skill. It opens doors to other cultures and, in an increasingly competitive world, can give you the edge when it comes to securing a job or a place at university.
The KS3 curriculum is designed to further develop language learning from primary school and to prepare pupils for the rigours and challenges of GCSE. Units of study are closely linked to those in the GCSE and assessments are carefully designed to match the style of GCSE exams.
What will I learn?
• Greetings, age & birthday: meeting new people and sharing personal information.
• Pets, family & 3rd person: talking about family.
• Hobbies & the present tense: talking about our likes and dislikes.
• Modal verbs: I can, I must and I want.
• Where I live: describing our town and what’s in it.
|• Time & daily routine: 24hour clock and our daily lives.
• Simple future: talking about what we are going to do.
• School, clothes & jobs: discussing life at school.
• Location & weather: describing the weather in a range of tenses.
• Holidays & the perfect tense: talking about a holiday in the past.